Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Art work from DFW International airport Texas.

Most of my job community friends arrive and depart from this airport. This is an interesting artwork.  This one I took on 4/1/2012, on one of my visit to airport to drop my friend.

Following is an interesting extract from DFW website on this artwork.

This artwork is designed by Anitra Blayton.
Standing Ovation, 2005

DESCRIPTION: (16 feet x 4 feet) This sculpture located at the entrance to the South Ticket Hall consists of a multitude of life-size cast human hands shown in various stages of applauding.

“When do we give one another a standing ovation? When do we celebrate just being who we are or even celebrate the smallest accomplishments? My concept involves a salutation that will speak to anyone walking by. I propose a three-dimensional form composed of a dense multitude of pairs of life-sized hands posed while clapping.

"Each pair is cast from the hands of different individuals from persons of all ages and backgrounds. Applause is both an uplifting greeting and farewell in all languages.”

No comments:

Post a Comment